Thursday, February 8, 2007

The NBA game: Dallas Mavericks are..well Mavericks!!!

Posin in the Mavericks dressing room -

Wanted to see for the heck of it how the basketball games go in the US...So packed off from the lab at 6:30 with Hector and Zhuo to the American Airlines center in Downtown Dallas to see the Dallas Mavericks vs. Memphis Grizzlies basketball game...


Well to be frank this is my first presence at a live game in a stadium in my whole life (not counting those eventless Sports days in India :D)...And the defending champions Dallas Mavericks playing in their home city...


What to say the MAVS where too good and they won. Period. End of story? No! This is where my reliving the moment starts. I did not know what to expect and entered the center. Most people where wearing 'Nowitzki' T-shirts (Something analogous to a cricket fan wearing "99 Tendulkar" Tshirt. First guy - I thot his name was nowitzki...but when I saw about 50 more ppl in 5 mins, i thot...well heck there cannot be too many Nowitzki's :D Pardon my ignorance...


We toured the complex enjoying the sights (cheerleaders!), sounds (the game and commentary) and smell (ya...food..baby!). We got some nice freebies - a basketball replica key chain, a poster of mavericks cheerleading girls personally autographed by 2 of them...and wow...they were sooooooooooooooo pretty...Boyathey! as Hector wud call'em...
Cheerleaders -


We then bought some food ($1 out = $3 inside policy :( and entered the arena...our ticket was the cheapest and the one situated at the very end (shd i say top? check out the pix i took with my phone cam)...The game was amazing and we had a great time. Obviously i did not know who to cheer for. I am no fan of Dallas Mavericks cuz i did not even know who or wat they are before the game and I have been in Dallas for only 5 months to develop a bond with the place...Anyways i pretended to cheer and shout when Mavs scored and 'boo-ed' when the opponents scored to keep the people around me happy... :-/


Finally the game ended...along with my blog entry :)) Check out the pics...

No comments: